Wednesday 16 July 2014

July Weather!

Living in the UK you get use to the quick changes in the weather but all this wet, damp and stuffy weather is getting a bit much! We want to get out into the garden but no such luck! On the rainy days I have been looking through blogland and gaining inspiration from different people. I was feeling in a sewing mood so I got very excited when I came across this from Bunny Mummy

Here is what I have come up with so far..

Mushroom House
A little felt Fairy Mushroom House! No doubt this will end up in Little Fairy's room eventually. I have cut out some flowers which I will add down the bottom but I don't really want to do too much to it.

Fairy Door
I even added a little door knob to the door! 

It's been quite enjoyable to work with - although I am use to cross stitch needles which are a lot blunter than normal sewing needles...so there was a fair amount of blood shed over this! Can't wait to show you when it is finished completely!

This morning I have made some bread which is smelling good so far and also some Rose Water cupcakes - these are quite sweet tasting but also very delicate - has anyone tried them? Highly recommended especially if you are heavily pregnant and craving sweet things *ahem*..

I managed to dash outside to snap a few photos of the flowers we have in the garden at the moment - all covered in rain drops but I think they are thriving!

Lots of colour
I have been dead heading these (as has hubby) which has really helped them come on well.

Raindrops
These always look so delicate to me.

Beautiful!
Look at the oranges and reds on this - just lovely!

Lily buds
Finally my Lily has started to bud! These are SO pretty when they come out but you have to catch them as they change so quickly.

We have tomatoes!
Hubby is very excited about the amount of tomatoes we have - I am pleased for him - I just wish I liked the taste of them! He has however planted some more lettuce seeds at my request - yum yum!


Hanging Basket
And finally, our bargain hanging basket which has been brought back to life.

I hope you have all been able to enjoy some of the weather even if it has been a bit wet - I would love to see if anyone else has tried to make a felt picture using a cross stitch hoop - I think these would make lovely presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment