Tuesday 22 July 2014

A Lovely Day Out to see Crafts and Steam! (lots of photos!)

I haven't posted for a while - I have been trying really hard to get as much knitting of Emily Doll done before our Little Fairy makes an appearance (3 weeks to go!) I will do a W.I.P post on Wednesday so I can show you what I have so far - I'm surprised at how much I have done as I'm really not a very fast knitter.

We had a little day trip over the weekend to a Steam Fair in Cornwall. It was perfect for hubby who likes steam things and also Little Bear who thinks anything steam related is automatically a "choo-choo".

Steam engines were huge!

This one was a bit smaller.

This one was the perfect size for Little Bear!

This steam contraption is actually a cherry stoner!
There was also a few of these around which reminded me of the Famous Five and their adventure in their caravan - it looked so idyllic!

Old Gypsy Caravan.

It was SO hot here - being heavily pregnant in this heat was not fun...but Little Bear loved it..until nap time and he was too hot to sleep (cue Hubby leaving me under a shady tree and pushing the buggy around to get him to sleep!)

This tree in fact!

Both Hubby and I play archery - I haven't been able to play due to bump lately but couldn't resist a quick go with a child's bow!

Robin Hood!

They had lots of other stalls there - and some lovely displays! I tried to get this shot of all these lovely baskets so many times but people kept on walking in front - I thought I finally got it but when I got home this little dog was featured!

Lots of wicker.

Lovely hanging baskets - so colourful!
They had some crafty bits around the event too - I found a wool tent!!!! Quite pricey but lovely to look at all the colours!

Wool!
This was quite a strange stall - all walking sticks! I wish I had a closer look really as I do use one myself but I think I would either look old or like something out of Lord of the Rings if I used one of these rather than my pink polka dot one! They were however very beautiful.

Lots of walking sticks.

This next stall was lovely - all handmade clothes. I've always been interested in this as my Mum made all my clothes growing up and it's just nice to have some handmade special things for you're children. We got a lovely summery dress for Little Fairy when she arrives - it isn't pictured here though.

Handmade children's clothes.

A fair of this kind wouldn't be complete without the (very) loud organ!

Organ.
Ahhh now THIS is the bit I had my eye on.. the craft exhibitors tent! All the steam engines very interesting and amazing to look at and listen to and even smell! But my little crafty side needed a crafty fix and I certainly got it! Look what I found!!

Bobbin lace work.
Bobbin lace work - I have always liked the unusual bobbins that you find in antique shops and I got to see a demonstration of this amazing craft - I really want to try it out. Not sure how practical that would be...toddler running riot, newborn a few weeks a away but I have a really strong feeling of wanting to try this! Do any of my readers know anymore about Bobbin Lace? If you so pleeease tell me more about it!

Also in the craft tent I found these lovely chaps!

Teddy Bears.

A few crochet stalls - lovely booties - I resisted buying as I have already made some of these for Little Fairy but the colours were lovely.

Crochet.

Speaking of colour - look what was on the next stall! Now THIS is colourful!

Felt Flowers
Heading back outside again (it was very stuffy in the tent) there were a few odd display tents so I went to have a closer look.
Picnic baskets.
The picnic sets were all different ones from across the years - what a fantastic display to end the day!

We were all very tired and hot and bothered but it was certainly and event worth going to and no doubt we will be back there next year with another little person.

I hope you enjoyed coming along to see too!

Holly x

PS. Bobbin Lace people...please get in touch! Desperate to hear your stories!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post! The felt flowers and crochet are so lovely and colourful :) xx

    ReplyDelete